Sunday, November 13, 2011

Aural Plaques Final Pictures

I have been meaning to do this post for awhile and I apologize to anyone waiting to see the results of the Aldara treatment. So here are the final picture. They are a little harder to see because the ears are not clipped anymore. There is about 95% improvement in the presence of Aural plaques in the ears. And that might be low because the ears are dirty it was hard to determine what was a plaque and what was dirt. In the spring I will clip her ears again and then show the results again.

For those just coming in at this post. My horse Broadway had aural plaques present in both ears. I did four weekly treatments of 1 packet of Aldara spread between both ears. The ears did become very raw and inflammed until they healed up and now look pretty much normal. She is far less sensitive about her ears being touched and bridling and haltering are no longer an issue. I would say the Aldara has made a huge improvement in her comfort and I would recommend the treatment to any horse who has these plaques.

As for the pictures let's start from the beginning Before treatment:

Week Two:

Week Four: See how raw and sore they look.


Final Result:

As you can see big improvement. Some of the white spots seen in the last picture scrapped right off but then I couldn't get a good picture. They don't look like plaques just dry skin spots. If anyone has any specific questions about the treatment or side effects please contact me and I can answer anything you might have. So excited this worked with minimal evasion and side effects.

I got a better picture showing after cleaning there are no white dots left.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just came upon your blog posts about aural plaques. I'm treating my own horse and I'm glad to have found an other success story !! I'm still in the very raw stage but have hope after reading your story. My blog: Beamersjourney.blogspot.com if your interested :-)
    Korina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did check out your blog. Your horse had the plaques way worse than Broadway did but he looks good. I think you should have clean ears for sure after the second treatment. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete