Sunday, June 19, 2011

Products I am loving right now!

With summer in full swing there are a few products I can't get by without. The first is Calm Coat fly spray.
This all natural fly spray actually works! I love when I spray it on the flies leave. The Calm Coat Fly Repellent has a really pleasent odor and it is great for those who don't want to use chemicals.









Speaking of Calm Coat they also have a great Detangler and Shine.
I love how this smells, like a pina colada, and boy does it detangle. I get so many compliments on how shiny my horse's tails are. A must buy for anyone showing this summer or anyone really who just wants a shiny, tangle free mane and tail. Vetlink of Parker sells both Calm Coat products in quarts and gallons, come give them a try. For a limited time Calm Coat is $1.00 off per bottle.

Back to the subject of flies, London is very allergic to fly bites so I have to change her routine a little in the summer to keep her comfortable. The first thing I do is add Garlic DE from our local company, Gateway Products. Garlic DE combines garlic, diatomacous earth and apple cider vinegar.

The combination of these ingredients makes the horse less appitizing for flies it also inhibits fly breeding in the manure. I feed this product to all my horses to limit the flies on my property and I feel it has really helped.








I also feed flaxseed to all my horses with the product OmegaHorseshine.

This is a balanced flaxseed product so it woun't mess up a balanced diet for calcium:phosphorus ratio. Flaxseed, because of its high omega 3s is great for inflammation and can lessen allergy symptoms. Flaxseed is also beneficial for stabled horses that aren't getting a lot of fresh pasture grass as flaxseed best mimics the natural omegas in pasture grass. I feel it is a great all around product that most horses will benefit from.

That is it for now. I will keep up with the products I am loving at the moment. I hope everyone is enjoying their Father's Day and getting in some horse time!

No comments:

Post a Comment